1. How has your journey in publishing been? Anything you would or wouldn’t do again? I would do everything I have done, ten times over. I am at a really great place in my writing career, and I am enjoying the fun and excitement that the experiences have brought me! Sure I have felt the sting of rejection, but I was made a better writer for it.
2. What are you working on right now? Can you tell us about it? I am now knee-deep in edits for my new historical/paranormal erotica, Hunger. It is a sequel to my previous novel, Ravenous. I also just released a new short called, Cursed! My novels are very hot and steamy with 18+ rated sextreme writing. It is not your usual, by the numbers, erotica. The reviews for my previous books have been very favorable and my editor so far for; Hunger has been greatly positive!
3. What/Who inspired you to start writing? It was my grandmother, my father’s mother. She had a deep love for the written word, and she passed that on to me. She sat me down night after night and worked with me and my reading. I was lagging behind the other children in class, and she knew if I wanted to succeed in this world I had to read well. I overcame my delay and am now an author.
4. How long have you been writing? I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I was on the journalism staff in middle school and high school. I was a member of the dead poet's society, and I have won various awards since then for my short stories. Now I write full-length novels.
5. What advice would you give a new writer just starting out? Never give up! Everyone gets rejection letters. Everyone. Do not think you are alone in this. Just because one publisher doesn’t see your work, working for them, it does not mean the next will also. Hold on to your hope and passion, for if you give up the other publishers will sense that and pass on you. Remember, you are selling them your ideas, and you want for them to foot your publishing bill, sell yourself!!!
6. Are you a pantser or a plotter? I am a total panster. I think of ideas or I see call submissions for various publishers, and I sit down and I just start typing as quickly as I can. The characters tell me what they need and where they should go. I hate plotting, because if I can’t get there, I have frustration.
7. Who is your favorite author? Stephen King and Julia Quinn
8. When did you first consider yourself a writer? When my first novel was accepted and published. I wrote for sheer pleasure before that. Now I write for pleasure and deadlines.
9. What is the hardest part about writing for you? Finishing the story. I become close to these characters, and I hate to see their story end.
10. Do you have a favorite character from your books? If so, why and who? I love William from my newest novel, Hunger. He has a tough history that makes it very hard for Rose to show him proper love. However, when the man finally comes to his senses it is electric. I love complicated characters that come out of their shell and show serious development with the women they love. Plus, he is a two century year old, sexy vampire that knows what a woman wants.
11. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? I have written five books thus far. By the end of next year, it will be eight! I cannot choose just one. That's like asking me my favorite ice cream. I cannot make a choice.
12. Do you do research for your books or does it all come from your head? My novels are period based, so I have done a lot of research for fashion, dialect, and location. Plus, the paranormal aspect added a new development of research that was fun. Vampires, ghosts, witches, warlocks, and time shifts always take an amazing amount of research!
13. What is your favorite colour? Red
14. What is your favorite food? Salad. I have to eat romaine lettuce and spinach everyday!
15. What is your favorite smell? Baking cookies.
16. Do you have any strange habits? I have to have ice water when I am writing. It is a must!
17. Where are you from? Do you still live there? If not, what do you miss about it? I was born and raised in SLC, Utah, and I am still here. Being an erotica novelist in what is considered a conservative state, is interesting.
18. Ebook or print? And why? Both. I have and like both. The convenience of an eBook is undeniable. However, there is something about an actual book in your hands.
19. How do you keep your writing different from all the others that write in this particular genre? I am a third person, multiple POV writer. You do not see that an awful lot. Plus, I am a historical/ paranormal writer whom you rarely see. Most works are done contemporary with erotica. I like the way historical sounds sophisticated, while the erotic aspect is dirty as sin. It is a nice contrast.
20. What is one thing your readers would be most surprised to learn about you? I am a normal person that loves the simple things in life. I enjoy a cute movie with my son and a nice quiet evening in with my husband. I am a very simplistic girl with easy tastes.
Aubrey Brown was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and has had a passion for writing for as long as she can remember. The first book she read, outside of a school assignment, was a pilfered romance from her mother’s collection. And she has been addicted to the written word ever since. She is married to her high school sweetheart and has one incredible son. She started writing to tell fabulous stories to those who want to read something different from the average erotica. She is a firm believer there is a happily ever after for anyone who has the courage and conviction to reach for it.
Ravenous by Aubrey Brown
Cursed by Aubrey Brown
Hunger by Aubrey Brown
Rose Penelope Drake has grown from a small child of ten to a woman of marrying age. She has her mind set on marrying her father’s once immortal enemy and now best friend. However, His Grace William Arthur Huntington the Duke of Edington, does not see her as a woman, but still a child, and places her down, breaking her heart.
Wanting to leave Halverson castle and create a new life for herself, she volunteers to journey to London when her little sister is placed in harm’s way. With much debate, her parents agree to a season among the ton. However, when William hears of their plans, he is stunned, for Rose was still a little girl. He is obviously overruled, and even worse is called upon to watch over her.
Having made a promise to Gabriel, William attends her coming out ball, and is stunned to find her blossomed into the flower of her namesake. To his dismay, he discovers himself attracted to the newly formed woman she has become, while she no longer harbors a love for him. As a matter of fact, she treats him as the uncle he previously claimed to be.
William attempts to stay away from the temptation of her, but once he sees a marquise play for her hand, he begins a seduction that cannot be denied. Much to his ire, Rose denies her feelings and refuses his hand, even though he knows she hunger’s for him. All the while, two dark forces have set their sights on ruining William and Rose's eternal happiness, for William cannot live without her.Will William convince Rose they must wed before the villains tear them apart, or worse her father finds out about their rendezvous’? Alternatively, will they forever remain in hunger?!
Hunger Adult Excerpt
He took her mouth with force, such force he knew he should let up and give her space, but he wanted to erase the marquise scent from her and mark her as his own. He did not have the answers of why, but he knew it was elemental.
She moaned against his mouth and gave into his kiss. His cock was ready to penetrate her cunt, and bring her to such a shattering climax that she would never think of seeing the other man again. He would deal with Gabriel later, but for now, he felt his fate was sealed with Rose.
His hands roamed her delicious body as she writhed against his. It was delightful torture to have so many clothes between them. He wanted to feel her naked skin against his. It had been so long since he had a woman, especially one so tempting.
“I want to see you naked, writhing under me, as my cock penetrates your wet pussy. I want to see your face reach orgasm and for you to cum all over my penis. Please, Rose, please.”
She must have been insane with lust, for she nodded her head and captured his mouth yet again. William moved their bodies toward his bed. He nipped at her lip with his fangs, as his hands quickly un-did the buttons at her back.
It was taking too long for him, so he removed her clothing with a thought. She gasped as the cool air hit her warm skin. He tugged her body closer to his body as his own clothes met the floor. It was animalistic. It went beyond any sexual encounter he had ever had.
He looked down at her now naked form and groaned with pleasure. She was made for coitus. Her body was built to ensure hours of enjoyment. Her breasts called his mouth, and so he set his lips upon her to draw her forth.
Her hands immediately flew up to his hair as she chanted, “William. Oh, William. Please.”
She was so incoherent with lust that she was willing to do anything he bade her to do. It was pleasing to see she was such an avid lover. She was curious and innocent.
His preternatural senses smelled her cum in the air, so he placed his fingers along her upper thigh and felt moisture there. She was hot, wet, and ready for his cock. However, he wanted to make her first time remarkable. So he continued to kiss her breasts as she writhed beneath him. His cock was sandwiched between her stomach and his belly. It almost made him cum when she rotated her hips against him.
“Rose, please, slow down, or we will be over before we have started.”
“William, please, I am hungry for something. I need you to fill me. I want your massive cock inside of my slit. Please take me, William.”
The words snapped his better judgment. However, he moved his mouth from her breast to her pussy. He spread her lips to reveal a glistening clitoris, which looked delicious.
He growled at her spicy scent. He leaned in and licked her curls. She then bucked her hips, and cried out. He in turn held her hips in place with his hands and set his mouth and tongue to her cunt. His eyes closed in ecstasy as he tasted her on his tongue. Careful not to scrape his fangs against her, he set to suckling and licking her into a frenzy that gave her an incredible orgasm.
He suckled her clitoris until she was spent beneath his tongue. He looked up and saw her smiling in sated splendor. He moved up her body to bring his lips to hers, so she could taste her orgasm upon his lips.
She was moaning deeply as her fires seemed to come back to life under his caress. He stoked the blaze within her, and just before she came once again, he slid his cock into her warm, wet, and hot pussy, and groaned. She was so tight
, that he had to stop himself
from impaling her.
He gritted his teeth against the
incredible feeling she gave him.
“Are you all right, William?” she asked.
He opened his eyes long enough to nod. “Are you all right?”
“I am, however, you are going much to slow, please,” she ended with a plea.
He could no longer deny himself the warmth of her pussy, which felt as tight as a glove that was two sizes too small. He rushed forward and heard her gasp. He stopped and looked deeply into her eyes and saw a small tear escape the corner.
“I am sorry, Rose. It will not hurt again,” he promised.
She rotated her hips under his bringing forth a curse from his mouth and a movement of his hips. He withdrew from her and plunged forward again. He felt her pleasure in the air. He could smell the blood from the tearing of her hymen. It was an intoxicating combination, which set his hips to pumping in and out of her.
He knew she was an innocent, but she was an avid student and moved her hips along with his. She was making him crazy, so he said, “Sweeting, sweeting, come for me.”
He moved his hand to her pussy and opened her up to find her swollen clitoris and massaged his thumb upon her. He felt her shudder as her orgasm started. He pumped into her twice more to find her cunt finally contract around his cock, bathing him in her sweet cum. That was the moment when he lost control and pumped all of himself into her.
He almost fainted from the pleasure she gave him. He had never felt like this before in his life. It was as if he had been waiting for a moment like this since he was crossed. His vision came back into focus and found he had no urge to feed from her, that his orgasm was enough.